Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Death of a thousand deaths

Something from tha journal....

"Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." [Gal 6:14b]

And on this cross I hang, dead to my sinful desires, but alive to God by grace through faith in Christ alone. Because of what the LORD has done, I have died a single Death, and this one Death - namely the one shared in Christ - has brought about a thousand deaths to the desires of this world. Therefore, I strive to take every idle thought, lustful desire, and selfish pursuit (which belongs to my old self) captive, & to crucify it with Christ. For, "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there." [Gal 5:24]

-Originally posted by Tommie McAfee at PBC Life

No comments:

Post a Comment